Consortium of Florida Education Foundations
CFEF advances K-12 public education in Florida by increasing the capacity and resources of member local education foundations in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Florida’s local education foundations serve as the conduit for private sector investment and community involvement in our public schools.
- Out of 67 county-wide school districts, there are currently 60 local education foundations across the state and 57 are members of CFEF.
- More than 1,100 community leaders serve on local education foundation boards with 76% of these volunteers from the private sector.
- CFEF serves as the primary link between local education foundations and regional, statewide, and national donors.
- CFEF leverages these relationships for the benefit of local education foundations and creates partnerships with businesses and foundations that impact students in the classroom and strengthens cooperation between the private sector and our public schools.
Our member education foundations raise more than $47 million annually to support initiatives that increase student achievement in Florida! They invest in programs not funded through tax dollars, including student scholarships, mentoring and other drop-out prevention strategies, teacher quality and recognition programs, classroom grants, literacy improvement strategies, technical/career education initiatives, and targeted support for low-performing students and schools.