Special Thanks to our Charter Guardians
- See us on the News: http://www.weartv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/-take-stock-children-provides-mentoring-bright-future-students-63613.shtml#.VqZmLdhIiUk
Take Stock in Children
Take Stock in Children, established in 1995, started in Santa Rosa County under the nonprofit Santa Rosa Education Foundation in 1996, provides a unique opportunity for deserving low-income youth/students to escape the cycle of poverty through education. We offer our students college scholarships, caring volunteer mentors and hope for a better life. Our comprehensive services start in middle school, continue through high school and include their transition into college.
Our program is based on the principal that given extensive support, motivation and accountability, children will work hard to ensure that they graduate from high school and attain a college degree. We fund our college scholarships and student services through a unique public-private fund raising model, and our mentors generously volunteer their mentoring services to our children.
Take Stock in Children’s multi-year commitment to at-risk children throughout our county is also an investment in the communities in which our students live. We know that the education of a child is an investment in their future and the assured way of breaking the cycle of poverty. Our goal is to continue to reduce the number of high school drop-outs and to increase the number of students who finish college and enter the workforce successfully.
Since 1996, Take Stock in Children of Santa Rosa County has demonstrated its success and sustainability by delivering life changing results for our students.
Highlights of our results are as follows:
- Santa Rosa County Take Stock in Children has served over 200 local students and over 16,000 children have been served throughout 67 counties in Florida
- Santa Rosa County Take Stock in Children has over $2 million in Florida Prepaid Foundation scholarship assets and statewide TSIC has over $109 million.
- Santa Rosa County Take Stock in Children has generated over 2,000 mentor volunteer hours and currently has over 100 mentors. Statewide over 1,000,000 mentor volunteer hours and currently over 7,500 mentors
- Take Stock in Children is funded from both the private and public sector
Our Leadership Council is comprised of 15 Community Members who help with selection process and program awareness.
- Randy Sansom
- Jackie Ard
- Kara Bloomberg
- Karen Burch
- Danielle Clark
- Wes Dannreuther
- Lisa Gupta
- Kristopher Long
- Julian MacQueen
- Kim MacQueen
- Vaughn Nichols
- Edward Pate
- Margaret Porter
- Jo-Ann Price
- Terri Wojtys